Monday 21 May 2012

SUMMER GLOW, RETRO MAKEUP

I rarely wear 'super cute' makeup, but today it was so nice and sunny outside, that I felt like doing something with a summer feel to it. I took inspiration from a 50's look from Lauren Rennells' book. The look itself is very neutral, but still sort of colorful. The lips are pale pink, and the cheeks also have a pink flush to them. On the eyes there's only a slight wash of pink topped with a matte, medium toned brown. Also on the eyes, a deep brown kohl pencil along the lash line with a tiny wing at the end. Black mascara on the top and bottom lashes, and a half band of false lashes applied to the outer edge of the top lashes. I skipped the falsies here, because I feel my lashes are long enough and I didn't want them to overtake the look.


This Retro Makeup book is amazing by the way, I also have her Vintage Hairstyling Book, which I talked about here, and that's equally amazing. I definitely recommend all you retro lovers to invest in these two books! You can buy them here. Lauren also has a wonderful blog, The Bobby Pin Blog


PRODUCTS USED
Isadora Eye Shadow Palette in 53 Blooming Spring (Pink color used)
Lancôme Paris Lips and Eyes Pocket Palette in Magic Voyage (Brown color used)
MAC Eye Shadow in Brulé 
H&M Eyeliner in Wooden Brown
H&M Eyeliner in White 
MaxFactor Xperience Volumising Mascara
MaxFactor Xperience Weightless Foundation in Light Ivory 40
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15
Isadora Velvet Touch Compact Powder in Sheer Transparent 10
Julie Hewett Cheekie Palette (Peachie and Jami used on the lips)
MAC lipstick in Viva Glam Gaga (used as blush, and centre lip highlighter) 


Do YOU like this look? Do you have any of the two books?

1 comment:

Trine said...

It's not to sweet, and it looks good on you! I'd like to see you do a peach look as well, I imagine it will go well with your hair!

Hjarte!